SORRENTO AND THE ISLANDS
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, THE CHARISMATIC BACK STREETS AND THE BUSTLING NIGHTLIFE: THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE MANY THINGS THAT MAKES THIS AREA ONE OF THE MOST LOVED PLACES IN THE WORLD.
SORRENTO is without doubt the most famous coastal town of all. Many famous poets such as Torquato Tasso, writers, films and love songs have been created thanks to the charm of this beautiful town. We highly recommend walking through the narrow local streets of Sorrento where in additions to shopping for local crafts, you will also be able to try the ice cream and of course the world famous limoncello! Lunch in Marina Grande is a must! Some of the most famous scenes of the hit 1950’s movie made by Vittorio de Sica and starring Sophia Loren "Bread, love and..." were filmed here. This quirky, traditional fishing marina is sure to be one of your most favourite parts of the town.
Sorrento is approximately a 20 minutes drive from the Relais Blu.
CAPRI is the most famous island in the Gulf of Naples and is commonly known as the island of dreams. We suggest having an aperitif in the square, taking a walk along the shopping street of Via Camerelle and then maybe stop for lunch in a one of the restaurants close to the pier. For keen walkers, we highly recommend that you take the cable car and climb up to Mount Solaro, which offers the most beautiful and panoramic view of Capri.
From Relais Blu it is possible to reach Capri with:
- Connection via public ferry service leaving from the port of Sorrento (about 20 minutes drive from the Relais Blu). The journey is about 30 minutes and the connections are frequent from morning until late afternoon.
- Group Excursion (with approx. 70 people): pick up from the hotel at approximately 8:30 am in the morning, you will have a tour of the island and about 5 hours free time to explore Capri. You will return to the hotel in the afternoon.
- Excursion shared, (with approx. 10 people) in a typical Gozzo Sorrentino. You will be picked up from the hotel between the hours of 9:30 and 10:00 and then be accompanied to the port of Sorrento before boarding your boat. Some stops will take place in the crystal clear seas around the island and then you will have approximately 4 hours free time to explore Capri. This excursion includes snacks and drinks on board. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
- Excursion with private boat (pick up time to be decided): we recommend the pickup to be at 10.00am from our hotel. You will be accompanied to the port of Massa Lubrense before boarding your private boat, discovering the famous caves and ravines around the island of Capri. With relaxing swim stops in the famous caves and around the Island, this will be the perfect opportunity to see the island at your own pace. Naturally, you will also have free time on the island before returning to the hotel later that afternoon.
ISCHIA is the largest island in the Bay of Naples and is famous for being a popular spa resort for the Romans. This beautiful island has always been adored for its natural beauty and lush surroundings.
From Relais Blu you can reach Ischia by:
- Connection by public ferry. This speedy service runs twice a day, with one departure from Sorrento in the morning and one from Ischia in the afternoon.
- With a private transfer and pick up from the hotel, plus the ferry time, the total journey time to Ischia is 1 hour and 30 minutes.